The best photos from 66 countries, according to the largest competition in the world
One of the contest's top honors is the National Award. For this particular award, photographers are judged against others from their country of origin, regardless of which of the 10 categories the photo was submitted to. This creates competition across various "open" categories, including portraits, architecture, nature, still life, and
There are 66 qualifying countries, and awards are given to first-, second-, and third-place winners.
Ahead, see the 66 first-place winners of this year's National Awards. Captions include where the photographer is from - which is not necessarily where the photo was taken - along with their name.
More from this author
- Shree Sai Spaces Creations and Wasankar Wealth man...
- The Prime Minister’s travel diaries!
- Travel increasingly moving online: Ibibo
- Business Insider is hiring a science reporter
- 35 Science 'Facts' That Are Totally Wrong
- Science reveals when you peak at everything
- Welcome to Business Insider's travel vertical!