The richest 1% of New York City residents are living in multimillion-dollar Frankenmansions
Google Street View/Screenshot
In recent years, a number of them have combined multiple townhouses or building floors to create supersized homes, or Frankenmansions, as New York magazine's S. Jhoanna Robledo calls them.
To construct these Frankenmansions, some prospective buyers purchase multiple buildings at once, while others approach their neighbors to offer multimillion-dollar buyouts. (In either scenario, they need the city's subsequent approval before combining properties.)
Check out these 12 Manhattan Frankenmansions owned by big names - including Madonna, Sean Parker, and Sarah Jessica Parker - outlined below in red.
More from this author
- Shree Sai Spaces Creations and Wasankar Wealth man...
- Stocks Are Higher Amid Massive Deal News
- What's 'hot' and what's 'not' for tech in 2017
- The Apple Store is down!
- More than 1 million people now pay for Tinder's pr...
- SBI cleans up its balance sheets by writing off lo...
- Thanks to her mom, 3-year-old London Scout is Inst...