Wipro shows the door to 600 employees post performance appraisal
BI India BureauApr 20, 2017, 08.23 PM
The country's third largest software services firm
to work on client sites. With visa programmes in these countries becoming more rigorous, Indian IT companies are likely to face challenges in movement of labour as well as a spike in operational costs. Indian IT companies get over 60 per cent of their revenues from the North American market, about 20 per cent from Europe and the remaining from other economies. Besides, higher adoption of technologies like automation and artificial intelligence is also reducing the need to have a large number of employees at client site.
More from this author
- Wipro lands in soup, faces 1.2 mn pound discrimina...
- Wipro becomes the first Indian IT company to total...
- Wipro May Appoint New Vertical Heads By December, ...
- Padmasree Warrior might join Wipro
- Indian IT firms like Infosys, Wipro, HCL want to s...
- Wipro is changing everything. Know how
- This Infographic Tells You How Wipro Hires