10 Social Media Statistics That Should Shape Your Social Strategy
- The fastest growing demographic on
- 189 million of
- YouTube reaches more U.S. adults aged 18 to 34 than any cable network.
- Every second two new people join LinkedIn.
- Social media has overtaken porn as the #1 activity on the Web.
- LinkedIn has a lower percentage of active users than
- 93% of marketers use social media for business.
- 25% of smartphone owners ages 18 to 44 say they can't recall the last time their smartphone wasn't next to them.
- Even though 62% of marketers blog or plan to blog in 2013, only 9% of U.S. marketing companies employ a full-time blogger.
- 25% of Facebook users don't bother with privacy settings.
Social media sites are constantly changing their layouts and the dimensions of profile photos often get adjusted as well. You'll want to check out this cheat sheet of the latest profile photo dimensions so your page looks clean and professional. Read >
More than 88% of consumers are influenced by other consumers' online comments. Jeff Bezos once said, "If you make customers unhappy in the physical world, they might each tell six friends. If you make customers unhappy on the Internet, they can each tell 6,000." In our always-connected world, businesses need to be even more attentive to customers online than they are offline. Read >Advertisement
Could Snapchat Be Used For Insider Trading? (Business Insider)
CNBC host Jim Cramer suspects the popular disappearing photo-sharing app
Yahoo Acquires Chinese Social Network Data Startup (Wall Street Journal)
Yahoo has acquired its 19th startup since Marissa Mayer has taken the helm as CEO. The newest startup to join Yahoo is Ztelic, a small Beijing-based company that analyzes social network data. Read >
According to a survey of global recruiters, 37% said social professional networks have been the best resource to find quality hires. That represents an 11% increase from 2012. Read >
The Landscape Of Social Login And Sharing (Gigya)
Did you know that for online retailers, Facebook accounted for 79% of social logins during the second quarter of 2013? However, Facebook held a much smaller share (52%) of social logins for media websites, followed by Twitter (23%) and Pinterest (18%).
- Zomato announces 10 days of menstrual leave for all women employees – including transgender people
- Mukesh Ambani is now the world’s fourth-richest person after he beat Louis Vuitton owner Bernard Arnault
- If you have a high risk tolerance — here are a few ‘aggressive’ investment bets to consider
- Karnataka is building a cycling map for Bengaluru by crowdsourcing inputs from city's cyclists
- Indian Medical Association says nearly 200 doctors have lost their lives to COVID-19