10 Things In Tech You Need To Know This Morning
1. Action sports camera company GoPro filed to go public. It's profitable, but has lumpy numbers. Sales were down year-over-year, but it attributed that to some sort of production issue the year before which created a tough comparison.2. Microsoft is hosting an event in New York City today for its Surface tablet. Despite what many expected, it reportedly won't release a smaller version of the Surface. Instead, it will be a bigger version of the Surface.Advertisement
3. Twitter is reportedly considering buying SoundCloud, which is basically YouTube for audio. No word on price, but it raised funding at a $700 million valuation recently. Apple and Samsung were talking about a settlement, but it seems unlikely to happen. Apple doesn't care much for public statements from Samsung's lawyers. And Samsung thinks Apple is using its court victories to extract favorable settlement terms.
6. Google bought Divide, one of the hottest Android startups focused on the enterprise. It does secure email and corporate documents.7. Facebook struck a $500 million multiyear deal with ad holding company Publicis Groupe.
8. China has banned Windows 8 on new government computers for security reasons.Advertisement
- India at forefront of vaccine development: Modi
- How music has become the real social connector, and technology has helped democratize music in today’s digitally connected world
- EXCLUSIVE: Trump versus Biden — Here’s what the result of the US election could mean for India
- EXCLUSIVE: Why Tata Motors CEO is not worried about Musk's Tesla coming to India
- Chinese soldier strays across the border — detained by India , to be released soon