10 Things In Tech You Need To Know Today
Good morning! Let's look at the news:
- There was a report that Apple was shutting down Beats Music, the streaming service from Beats. Apple said the report was "not true". However, in the long run, there's a chance the Beats Music brand is faded away and it becomes Apple Music.
- Here's a photo comparison of the iPhone 6's camera versus the Samsung S5, the iPhone 5S, and the Moto X.
- Mark Zuckerberg is annoying his neighbors in San Francisco with a home renovation project.
- Snapchat poached Google communications exec Jill Hazelbaker to lead communications.
- Now that Yahoo has a nice little pile of cash, what's it going to do? Kara Swisher argues that it doesn't have enough to buy something big. She also says that Yahoo might become an acquisition target itself.
- Fullscreen, a YouTube network that does 4 billion monthly views, is selling a controlling stake in itself to Otter Media for $200-$300 million. Otter is a JV between AT&T and the Chernin Group.
- Apple sold over 10 million iPhone 6 and iPhone Plus phones during the opening weekend of sales.
- A big interview with Jeff Weiner, the CEO of LinkedIn.
- Here's our Q&A with Peter Thiel. He backtracks quite a bit from his comments about Twitter.
- Adobe acquired Aviary, a photo editing platform.
- Farmer unions now announce plan to march towards Parliament on Budget day
- Pradhan Mantri Bal Puraskar to be awarded to 32 children on Republic Day
- Birla is making Asian Paints and Berger Paints change colours— and it’s bad news for those who got shares in Indigo IPO too
- Farmers to march towards Parliament from different locations on Budget day on February 1: Farmer leader Darshan Pal. PTI TRS GJS GJS TIR TIR
- Apple doubles its India market share this winter thanks to the launch of its online store and sales of iPhone 11, XR and 12