10 Things In Tech You Need To Know Today
Good morning! Let's look at the news:
- There was a report that Apple was shutting down Beats Music, the streaming service from Beats. Apple said the report was "not true". However, in the long run, there's a chance the Beats Music brand is faded away and it becomes Apple Music.
- Here's a photo comparison of the iPhone 6's camera versus the Samsung S5, the iPhone 5S, and the Moto X.
- Mark Zuckerberg is annoying his neighbors in San Francisco with a home renovation project.
- Snapchat poached Google communications exec Jill Hazelbaker to lead communications.
- Now that Yahoo has a nice little pile of cash, what's it going to do? Kara Swisher argues that it doesn't have enough to buy something big. She also says that Yahoo might become an acquisition target itself.
- Fullscreen, a YouTube network that does 4 billion monthly views, is selling a controlling stake in itself to Otter Media for $200-$300 million. Otter is a JV between AT&T and the Chernin Group.
- Apple sold over 10 million iPhone 6 and iPhone Plus phones during the opening weekend of sales.
- A big interview with Jeff Weiner, the CEO of LinkedIn.
- Here's our Q&A with Peter Thiel. He backtracks quite a bit from his comments about Twitter.
- Adobe acquired Aviary, a photo editing platform.
- Apophis, the ‘God of Chaos’ asteroid is speeding up — increasing the likelihood of it hitting Earth in 2068
- Sputnik V: RDIF seeks vaccine's speedy registration, prequalification from WHO
- Ankhi Das quits as Facebook's India public policy head
- States urged to adopt national approach: Niti Aayog on 'free vaccine'
- Analysts expect no surprises from Axis Bank in the second quarter — loan growth and collections to be slow