10 books every new manager should read
Mark Zuckerberg.Stepping into a management role for the first time can be scary.
It doesn't help that there's a ton of conflicting management advice out there, and sifting through it could take years.
That's why we recommend starting with these 10 books, which offer practical insights on leading a team.
We didn't simply stick with traditional business reads - instead we included novels, psychological research, and the musings of a Roman emperor.
Each of these books will help prepare you to tackle the myriad challenges of managing people.
Popular on BI
- Billionaire investor Mark Mobius says he's been able to get his money out of China, but investing in the country is still a 'dilemma' amid national security laws
- The Carnival cruise passenger who went overboard and remains missing was on his first cruise and it became his 'happy place,' his fiancée said
- Elon Musk told Chinese Tesla workers in a late night speech that their hard work 'warms my heart' — 6 weeks after some complained about bonus cuts
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala