10 secrets no one tells you about buying a home before you sign
Flickr/ Nick Kenrick
Being a homeowner is part of the American dream, but that white picket fence comes with a side of unexpected realities.
While buying and owning a home can be fun and rewarding, it's not all HGTV makes it out be. From hidden expenses to housekeeping demands, it involves a lot more mental and monetary effort than most originally anticipate.
According to Zillow, 52% of homeowners view their home as a financial investment and 48% view it as a reflection of who they are personally. That said, it's important to make the right decision when house shopping - and know what you're in for as you aim to get those keys in your hands.
Here's what no one tells you when it comes to buying and owning a home.
- No crypto ban in India — SEBI will reportedly be pulled in to regulate the sector
- I tried a calendar that's meant to boost productivity by mapping out the number of weeks you have left to live — here's how it went
- I wore the same outfit for a week, as part of a productivity hack promoted by Steve Jobs — but it didn't really work. After speaking to psychologists, I'm not surprised.
- Samsung launches Galaxy A03 Core with 6.5-inch display, 5,000 mAh battery starting at ₹7,999
- Nifty 50 goes below 17,000-mark on rising Omicron cases, fear of lockdown
- Indian government is reportedly looking to regularise work from home with a comprehensive framework
- Companies raised ₹52,759 crore from IPOs till October this fiscal, says Nirmala Sitharaman
- WPP acquires branding and design agency Made Thought