10 Tech Things You Need To Know This Morning
Happy holidays! Here's what's happening in tech.
- Apple has 'big plans' for 2014, according to a leaked memo from its CEO Tim Cook.
- Apple's iPhone will soon be available on China Mobile, the largest wireless carrier in the world with more than 760 million subscribers. This is Apple's biggest move in China yet.
- Facebook saves everything you type, even if you delete it.
- Justine Sacco, the IAC PR Director who was fired for writing an offensive tweet, has apologized.
- An airport's former head of security explains why the TSA is terrible. "The TSA couldn't protect you from a 6-year-old with a water balloon," he says.
- There's a long profile of Elon Musk in this month's issue of Esquire magazine.
- Here's a behind-the-scenes look at Google Ventures, which has backed startups like Blue Bottle Coffee and Uber.
- Dogecoin is Bitcoin for the average person and it's rapidly gaining popularity. Here's how a thing that started as a joke became the hottest digital currency in the world.
- Answers.com has raised money and bought a customer experience company, ForSee, for $200 million.
- A Chinese concept train doesn't need to stop at stations to pick up passengers.
Popular on BI
- No crypto ban in India — SEBI will reportedly be pulled in to regulate the sector
- I tried a calendar that's meant to boost productivity by mapping out the number of weeks you have left to live — here's how it went
- I wore the same outfit for a week, as part of a productivity hack promoted by Steve Jobs — but it didn't really work. After speaking to psychologists, I'm not surprised.
- Nifty 50 goes below 17,000-mark on rising Omicron cases, fear of lockdown
- Indian government is reportedly looking to regularise work from home with a comprehensive framework
- Companies raised ₹52,759 crore from IPOs till October this fiscal, says Nirmala Sitharaman
- WPP acquires branding and design agency Made Thought
- WhatsApp announces incubator programme, will select 10 firms to build digital health solutions in India