10 Things In Tech You Need To Know Today
Good morning! It will be sunny and in the high 70s tomorrow in New York. Let's look at the tech news you need to know.
Mike Nudelman / BI
- Verizon is preparing an internet-based TV service for the middle of 2015.
- Here are the 50 best people in PR in the tech industry.
- iPhone 6 preorders crashed Apple's website overnight. The site is back up, but it looks like Apple is all sold out of preorder stock. If you order now, the phone won't arrive until late September/early October.
- Here's our iPhone buyers guide to help you chose your next iPhone.
- Billionaire investor Peter Thiel did a Reddit AMA and revealed his biggest mistake as investor: Passing on Facebook's series B round of funding.
- Yahoo reveals that the government threatened to fine it $250,000 per day unless it handed over user data.
- There's a rumor that the next version of the MacBook Air, which is expected next year, could come in gold, silver, and space grey.
- Uber has a labor problem: Its NYC drivers are trying to organize a strike, upset about lowered fares.
- A new study says Uber is 12X as big as its rival Lyft, as measured by sales. The study is based on analyzing credit card data. Lyft says the data is inaccurate.
- HP bought Eucalyptus Systems, a private cloud company that will help HP poach customers from Amazon's cloud services.
- Cannes Lions 2021: On Day 3, Dentsu Webchutney brings home 2 Silver Lions
- Best laptop for students in India in 2021
- Twitter rolls out new update for iOS allowing users to share tweets to Instagram stories
- If you are vaccinated, IndiGo Airlines is giving discounts on airfares
- Microsoft joins Apple in $2 Trillion Club