10 Things In Tech You Need To Know Today
Justin Sullivan / Getty Images
1. Facebook is working on a version of the site made for professional use. The company is secretly working on "Facebook at Work."
2. The Philae comet probe has been put to sleep after completing its mission. It sent one last collection of scientific data.
3. Uber is expected to hit $10 billion in revenue by the end of 2015. It will net around $2 billion from its cut of transactions.
4. Apple is now worth more than the Russian stock market. The company's market capitalization is higher than the combined total of companies in the Russian stock market.
5. Uber is expected to announce a partnership with Spotify today. You'll soon be able to listen to Spotify playlists during your ride.
6. Early fans of Google Glass are abandoning the platform. Twitter recently ended support for its Google Glass app.
7. Amazon has announced a new "Lambda" cloud service. It's being hailed as revolutionary.
8. The State Department shut down its email system due to a suspected hack. It's expected to share more about what happened on Monday or Tuesday.
9. Digg founder Kevin Rose has launched a new app for news about watches. It includes watch news, as well as an atomic clock to help you set your watch.
10. The 'Rich Kids of Snapchat' account is for sale. The owners want over £20,000 for the account that shares ostentatious displays of wealth.
- A student who accidentally became a millionaire with a cult following after selling his expressionless selfies as NFTs says he feels confused
- After 10-minute grocery delivery, a 15-minute ambulance service grabs investor interest
- Fortune oil maker Adani Wilmar is looking to acquire southern players in edible oil, FMCG industry
- Swiggy is now valued more than Zomato
- OnePlus 10R with MediaTek Dimensity 9000 SoC tipped to launch in India by Q2 end
- IPL 2022: These are the foreign players who are retained by the teams ahead of the auction
- From Adani Green to HAL – these 10 stocks have defied the market meltdown
- Wipro, L&T Infotech, Zee Entertainment, Mindtree among top losers that hit investors’ portfolio in the last one month