10 Things In Tech You Need To Know Today
1. The European Parliament is considering a move to try and break up Google. It wants the US tech company to unbundle its search engine.2. E-commerce company Fab is in talks to sell for $15 million. It used to be valued at over $1 billion.
4. Google is closing down its Google Glass stores. People are buying Glass online instead.5. OnePlus is planning on releasing a new phone next year. OnePlus One received rave reviews.
6. Microsoft insists it is not overpaying its CEO. A watchdog had told investors that Nadella's pay package was too high.7. A former ZocDoc employee is suing the company after she claims to have been sexually harassed. It's an appointment booking site for New Yorkers. 8. Hackers have leaked passwords for PlayStation Network, Windows Live, and other video game networks. Thousands of passwords were posted online.
9. Apple Pay will start working with Square from next year. Jack Dorsey says the two services aren't rivals.
10. Experts have warned that hackers could take control of driverless cars. The first driverless cars will start appearing on UK roads in January.
- Airtel's India business is back in the black after a very long time
- Sequoia and PayPal-backed Pine Labs completes a first close of $285 million funding round from new investors
- BJP spent significantly less on advertising during Kerala elections this year, its ad insertions on TV, Radio and Print decreased from 21% in 2016 to 1% in 2021
- Google I/O 2021: Here's what to expect from Google's biggest annual conference
- ISRO announces its decision to share technology to make portable medical oxygen concentrators developed by VSSC