10 things in tech you need to know today
1. Streaming service Spotify is close to raising $400 million (£548 million) in new funding, which would bring its valuation to $8.4 billion (£5.8 billion). The funding is expected to come from sources including Goldman Sachs and Abu Dhabi's sovereign wealth fund.
2. Apple is in talks with Taylor Swift and Florence and the Machine about its new music streaming service. It wants artists to give it exclusive music that wouldn't be available on other streaming sites.
3. Android creator Andy Rubin raised $242 million (£166 million) for his new venture fund. Rubin said when he left Google that he wanted to create an incubator for hardware startups.
4. Apple's new MacBook went on sale on Friday and quickly sold out. The gold version seemed to be in the highest demand.
5. The Apple Watch also went on sale on Friday, and it too sold out. All models were gone in the US in just six hours.
6. Top Yahoo executive Mike Kerns has left the company. He was in charge of the site's homepage.
7. Apple stock was downgraded by Raymond James. It was in reaction to poor reviews of the Apple Watch and seasonal slowdown of iPhone sales.
8. Donald Trump got in a Twitter fight with T-Mobile CEO John Legere. Legere said that he was checking out of the Trump hotel he was staying in.
9. Chinese phone manufacturer Xiaomi sold $335 million (£229 million) worth of phones in just 12 hours. The company held its "Mi Fan Festival," which saw reduced prices for its phones.
10. Etsy is courting small investors for its IPO. It wants its shareholder base to share its values.
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Elon Musk told his 76-year-old dad Errol to 'keep quiet' in a text message after he said he wasn't proud of his son, report says
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- Nepotism and termite-like corruption dented India : Modi
- Modi lists five pledges to turn India into a developed country in 25 years
- There will be a major shift in the way Indians shop and consume brands
- Modi remembers Nehru and Sarvarkar in his speech today
- Made-in-India gun used for 1st time for ceremonial salute at Red Fort on Independence Day