10 things in tech you need to know today
1. Yahoo had admitted to a new massive hack in 2013. 1 billion user accounts were stolen from the company, it says.2. Donald Trump met with top tech leaders on Wednesday. But critics lambasted the fact that his children sat in on the meeting, The Hill reports.
4. Intelligence officials reportedly believe Putin was directly involved in the US Democratic Party hack. The Russian president apparently sought to undermine the American election and support Trump.5. Food delivery startup Just Eat is buying competitors Hungryhouse and SkipTheDishes for £260 million ($326 million), The FT reports. The food delivery industry is incredibly competitive right now.
9. The Californian DMV has criticised Uber for its self-driving car pilot in San Francisco, calling it "illegal." Uber did not seek a permit before launching it, The Wall Street Journal reports.
10. Facebook plans to bankroll its own TV shows. It wants "scripted, unscripted, and sports content," an exec said.
- Chris Gayle appears four times in the top 10 list of most sixes hit in an IPL match
- Up-close and not so personal with Munnar’s pit vipers, gliding frogs and more
- Haryana government extends lockdown in the state till May 24
- UK's Cairn Energy identifies $70 billion Indian assets for seizing to recover amount due from government
- States to receive nearly 51 lakh COVID-19 vaccine doses in next three days, says Union Health Ministry