10 Things You Need To Know This Morning
- The people behind Dark Sky, the prettiest weather app on the iPhone, are making their short-term weather prediction data available to other developers.
- They're making another Jurassic Park movie. Of course they are. If any content "brand" carries any weight with consumers, it will return to the big screen eventually.
- Facebook is adding ads inventory from its News Feed into its exchange, which allows third-party advertisers to target ads using third-party data.
- Pssst…did you know lots of Blackberry apps are actually Android apps, and that Blackberry installed an "emulator" on its phones to get them to work?
- Tumblr now hosts 100 million blogs. Remember, that's not 100 million users, or active users. Still, it's pretty big.
- Flipboard, the aggregation app-maker, came out with a version two. The big feature is that everyone can now make a "magazine."
- Tablet computers will out-ship desktops this year, laptops next year.
- Michael Dell's former right-hand man is leading the charge on a private equity offer that would knock Dell out of his CEO job. Drama!
- Apple is working on a super HD "4K" TV and will ship it at the end of this year or early next, reports Digitimes.
- Here are the 10 smartest things Tim Cook has done since becoming Apple CEO.
Popular on BI
- Coffee Maker - Best coffee machine for home in India
- Although FII flows have reversed, retail investor confidence remains low thanks to macro concerns
- Brain-dead woman's organs save four lives
- Goa hotels recorded the best occupancies and earned more too says report
- Best tech gifts for your sisters this Rakhi