11 high-paying jobs that are disappearing in the US
And despite the usual trade-off of handsome compensation for valuable skills, interestingly, some of these disappearing jobs are high-paying.By 2026, the Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a decline in employment for 11 jobs that pay more than $60,000 a year, resulting in 74,700 fewer positions than 2016 and about $6.4 billion in lost wages.Advertisement
One of the perhaps most surprising jobs to make this list - chief executive officer - is a prime example of how even the most seemingly secure jobs aren't safe from employment declines. According to the BLS, we'll see fewer CEOs in the future thanks to improving office technology, changing organizational structures, and the slowed rate of new firm creation.
Based on BLS occupational outlook data, here are the 11 highest-paying jobs that could be on their way out, as well as what these people do on a daily basis, according to O*NET descriptions of the jobs.
- I'm not going to movie theatre until there's COVID-19 vaccine, says Spike Lee
- Seven returnees test COVID-19 positive in Nagaland
- Uttarakhand's Covid-19 tally increases to 802— Dehradun accounts for 25 fresh cases
- AB InBev reevaluating short, mid-term plans; seeks reduction in high tax on beer
- SGPGIMS develops RNA -based cheaper and faster test for COVID-19