Gates is so rich that an average American spending $1 is similar to Gates spending $1.06 million. And that's after the Microsoft cofounder has given away approximately 27% of his net worth to charity over the years.
Here are 11 mind-blowing facts that show just how wealthy Gates really is.
1. Bill Gates has become nearly $12 billion richer in the past year alone.
2. Based on how much wealthier Gates got in the past year, he makes approximately $380 per second, according to Business Insider calculations.
3. If Gates spent $1 million a day, it would take him more about 285 years to spend his fortune, according to Business Insider calculations.
4. Gates' $104 billion fortune could buy 81.1 million troy ounces of gold, according to Bloomberg.
5. Although Gates made his fortune cofounding Microsoft with Paul Allen, he now only owns 1.3% of the company — and he's still worth $104 billion.
6. Gates has remained the second-richest person in the world even after giving away approximately 27% of his net worth to charity over the years.
7. Gates is so rich that an average American spending $1 is similar to Gates spending $1.06 million.
8. Gates' net worth is greater than the GDP of Croatia, Cambodia, and the Bahamas — combined.
9. Gates is richer than the richest man in Asia and the richest man in China, combined.
10. Gates could give every single living person on the planet $10 — and still have more than $30 billion left over.
11. According to the Social Security Administration, the average American man with a bachelor's degree will earn about $2.2 million in his lifetime. Gates makes that in a little over an hour and a half.