11 of the most powerful fully electric cars money can buy, including the car James Bond may drive in the next '007' film
- Traditional luxury carmakers like Aston Martin and Porsche are creating bonafide fully-electric supercars.
- Smaller companies, such as Dendrobium and Aspark, have also been entering the field with four-digit horsepower cars.
- Here are 11 of the most powerful electric supercars you can buy, including the one that James Bond may be driving in the next "007" film.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Though it gets a lot of attention, Tesla isn't the only company creating electric cars.Some traditional carmakers like Aston Martin and Porsche are exploring the rapidly-growing electric car field with super powerful new models which add their own flair for luxury and speed to the market.Advertisement
Meanwhile, other much smaller companies are exploring the high-end electric sector, such as the relatively unknown Aspark - which hasn't even released a production vehicle yet.
Horsepower is measured a little differently for electric cars, as an electric motors' full torque is deployed as soon as the driver steps on the accelerator. That means an electric car can feel more powerful than an internal-combustion-engined (ICE) car with the same horsepower rating at the low end, but start to lose some of its gusto at sustained high speeds unlike a gas-powered car.With that crucial difference in mind, here are 11 of the most powerful electric cars money can buy, including some that are setting world records.
Tesla Model S PerformanceAdvertisement
Rimac's Concept One and C_Two
Aston Martin Rapide EAdvertisement
- India registers 61,537 new COVID-19 cases and 933 more deaths, taking the total toll to 42,518
- A landslide in Kerala's Idukki has left 18 dead and over 50 missing
- Captain Deepak Sathe, pilot of the crashed AI Express flight, was a former Air Force officer and a part of the Golden Arrows squad
- Devastating images show how Air India express plane crash in Kerala split the flight in two and left 18 dead and over a 100 injured
- Best kids umbrellas that make rain or sun more fun