11 presidents and first ladies with huge age differences
Bettmann/Getty Images, Aaron P. Bernstein/Getty Images
- President Donald Trump and first lady Melania's 24-year age difference isn't the largest the White House has ever seen.
- Among the many first couples in White House history, age gaps have spanned up to 30 years.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
President Donald Trump and first lady Melania set a record for being the only first couple to be on their third marriage.
Though the couple also has a noticeable age gap of 24 years, they're only third in the ranks of sizeable age gaps among first couples.
From the Reagans to the Tylers, these are the nine presidents and first ladies with age differences of nine or more years. Notably, the men were always older than the women.
John and Julia Tyler: 30 years
Grover and Frances Cleveland: 28 years
Donald and Melania Trump: 24 years
James and Dolley Madison: 17 years
Woodrow and Edith Wilson: 16 years
Millard and Caroline Fillmore: 13 years
John F. and Jacqueline Kennedy: 12 years
Ronald and Nancy Reagan: 10.5 years
James and Elizabeth Monroe: 10 years
Rutherford B. and Lucy Hayes: 9 years
Abraham and Mary Todd Lincoln: 9 years
- Samsung logs record sales, 4-year-high operating profit in Q4
- Here’s why a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket stage is crashing into the moon after 7 years
- Mondelez eyes a bigger bite in the premium biscuit market as it launches a new variant, Oreo Double Stuf in India
- Indian spacetech startup Skyroot has raised over $4 million in a round led by one of Google’s earliest backers
- Indian markets continue to fall; Dr Reddy’s, HDFC Bank, Titan, IT firms biggest losers