11 presidents and first ladies with huge age differences
Bettmann/Getty Images, Aaron P. Bernstein/Getty Images
- President Donald Trump and first lady Melania's 24-year age difference isn't the largest the White House has ever seen.
- Among the many first couples in White House history, age gaps have spanned up to 30 years.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
President Donald Trump and first lady Melania set a record for being the only first couple to be on their third marriage.
Though the couple also has a noticeable age gap of 24 years, they're only third in the ranks of sizeable age gaps among first couples.
From the Reagans to the Tylers, these are the nine presidents and first ladies with age differences of nine or more years. Notably, the men were always older than the women.
John and Julia Tyler: 30 years
Grover and Frances Cleveland: 28 years
Donald and Melania Trump: 24 years
James and Dolley Madison: 17 years
Woodrow and Edith Wilson: 16 years
Millard and Caroline Fillmore: 13 years
John F. and Jacqueline Kennedy: 12 years
Ronald and Nancy Reagan: 10.5 years
James and Elizabeth Monroe: 10 years
Rutherford B. and Lucy Hayes: 9 years
Abraham and Mary Todd Lincoln: 9 years
- Gautam Adani, the man who may soon be Asia's richest person, is a college dropout who survived the 2008 Mumbai terrorist attacks and says he was once kidnapped for ransom
- EY is offering scholarships to Indian college students worth ₹1 lakh with two months’ internship opportunity
- A man had severe, day-long migraines for 12 years and nothing worked. His doctors say they vanished after they prescribed leafy greens and cutting out red meat.
- Centre raises Bengal labour budget for creation of 27 cr man-days
- Over a million Ethereum tokens have been burned since the big upgrade, but transaction costs are still a pain point for the network
- Loaded Lion NFT sells for $1 million — three days after launching at $200
- McDonalds India launches a contemporary rendition and continuation story of memorable campaign ‘Hum dono boyfriend-girlfriend hai kya’
- India to resume scheduled international flights from December 15, says Aviation Ministry