11 real pictures of the Queen that inspired shots in Netflix drama 'The Crown'
PA/Netflix/Left Bank Pictures
The Guardian said Netflix's £100 million ($124 million) gamble on the show "pays off royally," while The Hollywood Reporter predicted that it will be in contention for a hatful of awards.
It might pack a punch in the drama stakes, but how faithful is it to reality?
Creator Peter Morgan turned down an audience with the Queen because he wanted the show to have "complete independence."
"The Crown" applies plenty of artistic lisence. But it is also clear that key moments in the Queen's ascent to the throne are carefully recreated in the show's opening episodes. Find out how faithful the Netflix drama is to history by looking through these real images of the Queen juxtaposed with shots from 'The Crown.'
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- You can buy more Yeezys today, if you can get past the app crashes and error messages
- Meta unveils VR headset 'Quest 3' ahead of Apple’s WWDC event
- May auto sales see Maruti, two-wheelers make a comeback; EVs accelerate
- Employees unpaid but this startup rents a Taj Land's End boardroom for ₹80K a day
- Entrepreneurship dreams? Here is a door to knock for guidance
- Asus ROG Strix Scar 17 2023 review