11 signs you're about to get a holiday bonus
Read full story
Strelka Institute for Media, Architecture and Design/Flickr
• Everyone wants to have their hard work recognized with a holiday bonus.
• But thanks to vague company policies, it's not always clear whether or not you'll earn extra cash.• Still, indications like a positive relationship with your boss and a company-wide hiring spree are good signs.
Year-end bonuses can make for a nice stocking stuffer around the holidays.
But they can also be a source of major stress. Many companies don't have a concrete policy regarding bonuses, so you never really know exactly what you're going to get.
This is especially troubling considering the fact that sources of "variable pay" like bonuses are increasingly eclipsing raises, according to Time.
Here are 11 signs you've got nothing to worry about when it comes to your holiday bonus:
2. Your boss seems friendlier than normal
3. Your company is hiring like crazy
4. You've received a lot of kudos in recent months
5. Your company landed a big account
6. Research looks promising
7. Your success can be measured
8. Your boss is fine with your vacation time
9. You had a very positive review
10. You're a team player
11. You asked for one