11 things unsuccessful people do over the weekend
- How you spend your two days off can impact how successful you are.
- Here's how not to spend your weekend if you want to advance your career.
- Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories.
Everybody's working for the weekend, but how you spend your two days off may say something about how successful you are.What you get up to doesn't really matter, per se. If you prefer lounging around the house to spontaneous adventures, that's great! You probably need that time to wind down.Advertisement
But when it comes to weekends, the main thing that separates successful people from unsuccessful people is mindfulness.
Here are 11 things that unsuccessful people tend to do over the weekend - and why you should avoid them:Jacquelyn Smith contributed to an earlier version of this story.
They forget to schedule
They ignore loved onesAdvertisement
They let technology take over
They forget to unwindAdvertisement
They sleep the entire time
They rack up expensesAdvertisement
They avoid taking time to reflect
They aren't presentAdvertisement
They laze around and regret it
They're stressed outAdvertisement
They get too comfortable with the time off
- SEBI issues procedural guidelines for proxy advisors
- Bandhan Bank promoter sells 21% stake to meet RBI norms
- Air India pilots allege blatant discrimination by management
- Reliance Industries and bank shares tumble and topple Sensex as bears look to clear the froth in the price
- Twitter plans 'Undo Send' button with paid subscription service