11 tips for starting a small business with little to no money
- Some businesses need capital to get off the ground.
- But there are many ways to start your business without having to worry about expenses, as long as you have a great idea.
- Here are some suggestions, from service businesses to affiliate marketing to reaching customers, from real Quora users with business experience.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Quora users with plenty of business experience were asked the question: "Is it possible to start a business with little to no money? How?"
As these answers prove, it's very possible to start a business with nothing but a great idea and more drive than the competition. There are several methods to implement your drive, like starting a dropshipping business, trying affiliate marketing, and reaching your customers in creative ways. And many of these answers come from people who started their own businesses in the exact same way.
Here are 11 Quora users' answers on starting a business with next to nothing.
If you start out with little money, outperform other businesses.
Start a service business.
If you don’t have money, at least have time.
Carry out market research.
Follow a "sell first, build later" approach.
Try affiliate marketing.
Don't worry too much about resources.
Create demand by having a social media presence.
Try the drop-ship method.
Make bold initial moves.
Have a great idea from the get-go.
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- Kellyanne Conway says her husband was 'cheating by tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence.
- What would happen to Twitter if Elon Musk backs out now?
- Researchers develop a virus that works even when iPhone is switched off
- Supreme Court of India extends time for submitting Pegasus probe report
- Chopper services launched in Goa for tourists, locals
- Both Ambuja Cements and ACC are bet worth investing with strong parent Adani