11 tips for starting a small business with little to no money
- Some businesses need capital to get off the ground.
- But there are many ways to start your business without having to worry about expenses, as long as you have a great idea.
- Here are some suggestions, from service businesses to affiliate marketing to reaching customers, from real Quora users with business experience.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Quora users with plenty of business experience were asked the question: "Is it possible to start a business with little to no money? How?"
As these answers prove, it's very possible to start a business with nothing but a great idea and more drive than the competition. There are several methods to implement your drive, like starting a dropshipping business, trying affiliate marketing, and reaching your customers in creative ways. And many of these answers come from people who started their own businesses in the exact same way.
Here are 11 Quora users' answers on starting a business with next to nothing.
If you start out with little money, outperform other businesses.
Start a service business.
If you don’t have money, at least have time.
Carry out market research.
Follow a "sell first, build later" approach.
Try affiliate marketing.
Don't worry too much about resources.
Create demand by having a social media presence.
Try the drop-ship method.
Make bold initial moves.
Have a great idea from the get-go.
- Elon Musk's brain-chip startup shares video it says shows a monkey telepathically 'typing'
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Herschel Walker's son says Trump called his father for months demanding that he run, while 'everyone with a brain' begged him not to
- 1,330 recognised startups from gaming and related sectors as on Nov 30: Som Parkash
- Sula Vineyards to open IPO next week from Dec 12-14; GMP already at ₹70 per share
- India to add 9 million gig jobs by 2025 says Indeed report
- From Brahmastra to KGF: The most searched movies on Google in 2022 in India
- Adjusted for inflation, policy rate still remains accommodative, says RBI Governor
- Jio Haptik
- Gig jobs
- Sula Vineyards IPO
- Whatsapp tips
- International Roaming Plans
- RBI hikes repo rate
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Most Valuable Companies
- Most searched movies
- Kama Holdings
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World