12 foods that will help you sleep
Some foods are naturally rich in tryptophan, serotonin and melatonin, the chemicals that regulate your body's internal clock.
Proteins and dairy - like nuts and yogurt - contain tryptophan, the amino acid you need to put your body to sleep. And carbohydrates - like breads and rice - can also help you sleep, since they help speed up the release of sleep-inducing chemicals, according to the National Sleep Foundation.
Here are 12 pre-bedtime snacks that are more exciting than chamomile.
- Culinary odyssey: Exploring Kochi's 10 famous cuisines
- Scientists have finally figured out what happened to the lost continent ‘Argoland’ that went missing 155 million years ago
- Revamp your health in 2024: 10 Essential food habits for a better life
- Consistent inflows push small-cap funds AUM past Rs 2 lakh cr mark in Nov
- Ola Electric aims to raise nearly Rs 5,800 cr via IPO, to file DRHP