12 former Facebook insiders who ditched the company and are now outspoken critics
- Not every Facebook employee leaves with a high opinion of the social media giant or its CEO Mark Zuckerberg.
- Cofounder Chris Hughes thinks the company is too powerful and should be broken up. Founding President Sean Parker worries what Facebook is doing to kids' brains. A former strategic partner manager says Facebook has failed its black employees and users.
- The founders of Whatsapp, Instagram, and Oculus - some of Facebook's biggest acquisitions since 2012 - have all left the company.
- We rounded up the parting musings of 12 former Facebook employees.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Facebook has seen its share of talent come and go in its 15 year history, and not always with great things to say. Some former employees have looked back at their time at the social media giant and questioned the value and impact that their work has had on society.
Cofounder Chris Hughes made headlines earlier this year by publicly calling for Facebook to be broken up, becoming the highest profile ex-Facebooker to turn on the company. Of course, there are plenty of insiders who have left Facebook who continue to support it.Here are 12 former Facebook employees who have criticized Facebook or CEO Mark Zuckerberg since leaving.