13 gorgeous photos of the Middle Eastern desert that doubles for Mars in 'The Martian'
While much of the film will take place on Mars, it's the Middle Eastern desert of Wadi Rum, Jordan, which serves as the backdrop for the movie.
The desert is a Hollywood favorite for films which have taken place on the red planet.
Keep scrolling to see where movies in Mars come to life in movies.
- Tokyo Olympics: India's Satish Kumar exits from quarter-finals in boxing after losing to Bakhodir Jalolov
- From the US to Western Europe to New Zealand — natural disasters which wreaked havoc in the last 6 months
- Fino Payments Bank files papers for ₹1,300 crore IPO
- OfBusiness, a platform that helps SMEs get raw materials, becomes the newest unicorn from India
- Tokyo Olympics: India's P V Sindhu loses to world number one Tai Tzu Ying of Chinese Taipei in the semis