13 major European countries ranked by standard of living
However, according to Glassdoor's report entitled "Which Countries in Europe Offer The Best Standard of Living?," Britain languishes in the bottom half of the country rankings due to the huge amount of money Britons spend on housing."When it comes to compensation, a larger pay packet isn't always better. What matters is the ability to afford useful things that enrich our lives," said Glassdoor's Chief Economist, Dr. Andrew Chamberlain in the report.
"Average wages vary considerably from one country to another but the gap between take-home pay and price levels has more relevance to the man on the street. A low cost of living, as you would find in Greece and Portugal, doesn't count for much if average wages and purchasing power are similarly low."Business Insider took a look at the top 13 countries which have the highest standard of living in Europe:
- Delhi registers 96 fresh cases in last 24 hours, lowest single-day in nine months
- Axis Bank's net profit for the Q3 of 2020-21 fell 36%
- Bharat Biotech to make antigen for first-ever anti-malaria vaccine
- SIMPLY PUT: Watch out for production linked incentives in the budget — here’s how it will work
- Surgeries, invasive procedures and OPDs to resume at all Delhi government hospitals