13 major European countries ranked by standard of living
Standard of living takes into account income, the cost of living, and purchasing power.
However, according to Glassdoor's report entitled "Which Countries in Europe Offer The Best Standard of Living?," Britain languishes in the bottom half of the country rankings due to the huge amount of money Britons spend on housing."When it comes to compensation, a larger pay packet isn't always better. What matters is the ability to afford useful things that enrich our lives," said Glassdoor's Chief Economist, Dr. Andrew Chamberlain in the report.
"Average wages vary considerably from one country to another but the gap between take-home pay and price levels has more relevance to the man on the street. A low cost of living, as you would find in Greece and Portugal, doesn't count for much if average wages and purchasing power are similarly low."Business Insider took a look at the top 13 countries which have the highest standard of living in Europe:
- Maha: Bank official, accountant nabbed for graft
- COVID-19: 1,500 teams for door-to-door screening in Noida
- Experts explain how Delhi plasma bank will function; who can donate and who can't
- COVID-19: Mumbai tally tops 80,000 with 1,554 cases; 57 die
- 11 deaths, 568 new coronavirus cases in Haryana; total count 15,509