13 major European countries ranked by standard of living
However, according to Glassdoor's report entitled "Which Countries in Europe Offer The Best Standard of Living?," Britain languishes in the bottom half of the country rankings due to the huge amount of money Britons spend on housing."When it comes to compensation, a larger pay packet isn't always better. What matters is the ability to afford useful things that enrich our lives," said Glassdoor's Chief Economist, Dr. Andrew Chamberlain in the report.
"Average wages vary considerably from one country to another but the gap between take-home pay and price levels has more relevance to the man on the street. A low cost of living, as you would find in Greece and Portugal, doesn't count for much if average wages and purchasing power are similarly low."Business Insider took a look at the top 13 countries which have the highest standard of living in Europe:
- Patient with underlying disease dies after getting AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine in South Korea
- Word-of-mouth has helped us grow in India, our community members are our best marketers: Taru Kapoor, Tinder
- Nokia Power Earbuds Lite review – missed opportunity
- EXCLUSIVE: India's largest insurer LIC is inviting bids from payment aggregators
- Stocks to watch on March 3 — RIL, Airtel, Vodafone-idea, Jindal Steel, V-Mart, and others