13 of the biggest mistakes you're making on your dating profiles that are preventing you from finding love
Hands up if you have hundreds of matches on dating apps who you've never spoken to. It's a pretty common habit, and probably the result of just having too much choice.
But according to Erika Ettin, relationship coach and the founder of dating site A Little Nudge, this is just one of the many ways we are doing ourselves a disservice when it comes to looking for love.
Ettin spoke to Business Insider about all the ways you're going wrong on your dating app profiles, and what you should do instead to help you find "the one." They aren't rules, rather tried and tested methods that work.
"You'll find an exception to every rule, but my background is analytical, and I'm an analytical person," Ettin said. "So if something works 99% of the time, that's what I'm going to recommend. You'll always find the 1% and that's fine, but I'd rather give you a better chance."
Most of the mistakes are surprisingly simple - scroll down to see how many you're guilty of.
1. Not writing a bio
2. Just writing your height
3. Too many pictures
4. Your first picture isn't of your face
5. No full body photo
6. No interesting photos
7. Pictures with other people
8. Nothing but group pictures
9. Too many pictures of people of the opposite sex
10. Boring conversation starters
11. No momentum
12. Talking over text too much
13. Keeping a backlog of matches you never talk to
- Amazon sues scammers for stealing millions of dollars via fake returns
- US again vetoes UNSC resolution calling for immediate Gaza ceasefire
- Putin praises Modi for his tough policies; says he is 'main guarantor' of steady Russia-India relationship
- "World recognizes that there's no option but to come to India for a large demand": Piyush Goyal
- EU reaches provisional agreement on landmark AI Act, a global first