13 things that have happened since I stopped watching TV 2 years ago
Up until then, TV had always been a big part of my life. Growing up, I would always come home from school, plop down on the futon, and flip through the television channels.Watching TV became a bonding activity. My brothers, mom, and I would sit around the TV and watch a show or two together every night. By high school, I had my own laptop and started streaming episodes of my favorite shows off of Hulu.
Was it an addiction? I'm not sure. But every time I flipped open my computer screen, a sense of anxiety would swell in my chest. Anxiety that watching TV wasn't productive, that I was wasting my life consuming the carefully constructed lives of fictional TV characters instead of building my own.And so I stopped. I couldn't tell you the exact date I stopped, just that one day I decided to take a break from watching TV for a while, and I guess that break never really ended. This is what has happened since I stopped watching TV over two years ago:
- Farmer unions cancel Budget day march to Parliament, but say their agitation will continue
- 9 people died and 16 hospitalised out of 23,28,779 people vaccinated till now in India, but Additional Secretary, Health, said that none of the deaths are linked to the Covid-19 vaccination
- Naidu reviews arrangements for Budget Session of Parliament
- Budget day march to Parliament cancelled by farmer unions
- Sabyasachi sells 51% stake to Aditya Birla Fashion