13 ways you're wasting electricity that are costing you
If you want to save some cash while also saving the environment, it's important to be aware of your energy usage. There are many hidden ways you might be wasting precious electricity and adding to your monthly utility bill.
Here are a few ways you could be wasting energy without even realizing it.
You hold the refrigerator door open while you decide what to eat.
You stash warm leftovers in the fridge.
You leave your appliances plugged in when you're not using them.
You don't use the lids that came with your pots and pans.
Your TV is set to full brightness.
You run your dishwasher when it's not full.
And you use your dishwasher's drying cycle.
You wash your clothes in hot water.
You're not using a programmable thermostat.
You take really long showers.
You're not clearing out your air vents.
You're still using incandescent bulbs.
Your freezer chest is on but empty.
- Crypto FAQs answered — everything you need to know about crypto regulations, trading, taxes and CBDC in India
- Google and Microsoft hiring interns in India — Check out eligibility, job descriptions and other details
- AWS appears to be down, and it's taken popular services like Ring smart-home systems, Netflix, and Disney+ with it
- Messenger chief Stan Chudnovsky to depart from Meta next year
- Users spend $133 billion on apps as Apple’s App Store continues to lead revenue shares
- U.S.Polo Assn. ropes in Arjun Rampal as its brand ambassador
- Surgical care startup Pristyn Care is the 42nd startup to be valued over a billion dollars in India this year
- Every Publicis Groupe employee will be able to work anywhere in the world for up to six weeks in 2022