13 ways you're wasting electricity that are costing you
If you want to save some cash while also saving the environment, it's important to be aware of your energy usage. There are many hidden ways you might be wasting precious electricity and adding to your monthly utility bill.
Here are a few ways you could be wasting energy without even realizing it.
You hold the refrigerator door open while you decide what to eat.
You stash warm leftovers in the fridge.
You leave your appliances plugged in when you're not using them.
You don't use the lids that came with your pots and pans.
Your TV is set to full brightness.
You run your dishwasher when it's not full.
And you use your dishwasher's drying cycle.
You wash your clothes in hot water.
You're not using a programmable thermostat.
You take really long showers.
You're not clearing out your air vents.
You're still using incandescent bulbs.
Your freezer chest is on but empty.
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- Kellyanne Conway says her husband was 'cheating by tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence.
- What would happen to Twitter if Elon Musk backs out now?
- Researchers develop a virus that works even when iPhone is switched off
- Supreme Court of India extends time for submitting Pegasus probe report
- Chopper services launched in Goa for tourists, locals
- Both Ambuja Cements and ACC are bet worth investing with strong parent Adani