15 high-profile billionaires and millionaires who aren't leaving their fortunes to their children
Eamonn M. McCormack/Getty Images
- Millionaire heiress Gloria Vanderbilt died on June 17, leaving behind a massive fortune. Vanderbilt's son Anderson Cooper has previously stated he will not receive an inheritance.
- Several other high-profile millionaires and billionaires have also declared they will leave little to their children.
- Many of these wealthy parents have pledged to give the majority of their wealth away to charitable organizations by signing the Giving Pledge.
- Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories.
Many high-profile business magnates, billionaires, and celebrities believe money shouldn't be handed to their children.Anderson Cooper - whose mother Gloria Vanderbilt died on Monday- has previously stated he does not expect a trust fund. Other superrich parents, such as Mark Zuckerberg and Priscilla Chan, have signed the Giving Pledge, which promises to give away the majority of their massive fortunes. However, for some, the amount remaining is still worth millions (if not billions).Advertisement
Read more: The youngest heirs and heiresses poised to inherit billions from their parents
Business Insider has compiled a list of 15 high-profile millionaires and billionaires - some of whom are the world's biggest business magnates - who won't be signing over their fortunes to their kids in their will. We ranked these wealthy parents in ascending order by their net worth.Keep reading for a look at 15 high-profile billionaires and millionaires who aren't leaving their fortunes to their children:
15. Nigella Lawson — $15 million
14. Gloria Vanderbilt — $200 millionAdvertisement
13. Gordon Ramsay — $153 million
12. Sting — $300 millionAdvertisement
11. Elton John — $480 million
10. Simon Cowell — $550 millionAdvertisement
9. Andrew Lloyd Webber — $1.2 billion
8. George Lucas — $6.4 billionAdvertisement
7. Pierre Omidyar — $13.5 billion
6. MacKenzie Bezos — $35.7 billionAdvertisement
5. Larry Page — $51 billion
4. Michael Bloomberg — $54 billionAdvertisement
3. Mark Zuckerberg — $69.7 billion
2. Warren Buffett — $85.5 billionAdvertisement
1. Bill Gates — $102.5 billion
- Best fitness bands in India to stay on top of your health
- Best budget Smart TV in India
- Best camera tripods for photography enthusiasts and learners
- Jupiter's mushball ammonia rain could explain the mystery behind shallow lightning storms in its atmosphere
- Global changes in land use is increasing the possibility of COVID-19 like outbreak, says a study