15 stores that save you time and shipping fees with free in-store pickup
The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you'll like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.
- With the holidays approaching and online retailers' shipping windows rapidly closing, you might be starting to worry about all those last-minute gifts you still need to buy.
- Luckily, for those situations where it looks like the standard shipping estimate is cutting it a little too close, there's the "Buy Online, Pick Up in Store" option.
- This handy service provided by some of your favorite department stores and retailers lets you browse and purchase your gifts online, then pick them up in the physical store as early as the same day.
Other than decreasing your stress over whether your gifts will ship in time, the "Buy Online, Pick Up in Store" option is also useful for:
- When you don't want to deal with other shoppers or long checkout lines
- When you'd like to keep your gifts discrete
- When you live close to a local store and it's more convenient to just pick it up
While the basic premise of "Buy Online, Pick Up in Store" is similar across stores, they do differ in some ways that could affect the way you approach your holiday shopping strategy.
For each store below, we've broken down the different pick-up options, what to do after you place your order, what you need at the store, what to do if you'd like someone else to pick up the order, and how long your order will be held at the store.
Looking for more last-minute gift ideas? Check out all of Insider Picks' holiday gift guides for 2018 here.
If you want to see more from Insider Picks, we're collecting emails for an upcoming newsletter. You'll be the first to hear about the stuff we cover. Click here to sign up .
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by Business Insider's Insider Picks team. We aim to highlight products and services you might find interesting, and if you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback.Have something you think we should know about? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.