15 tips and tricks to master 'Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice,' one of the most difficult games ever made
- "Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice," the latest game from the creators of "Dark Souls," is one of the most difficult video games ever made.
- It's also incredibly rewarding when you learn to master it.
- If you're struggling, this guide can help you push through - you'll be happy you did.
- Visit Businessinsider.com for more stories.
"Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice," from the Japanese game studio From Software, is one of the most difficult video games ever made.
It's also one of the most rewarding gaming experiences out there.
Like previous From Software games, like "Dark Souls" or "Bloodborne," "Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice" is all about exploration and persistence. You're given a massive interconnected world to discover, which is filled with lore and secrets, but progressing through that world means tough enemies that get progressively harder and more complex.
What's so good about "Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice" is that it forces you to break habits you've picked up from other video games, even past From Software titles, in order to succeed. The game can feel unforgiving, but there's usually a point where it all clicks, and difficult areas and bosses become pushovers.
If you're struggling with "Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice," we've put together a short guide of 15 tips and tricks to help you master the game.
1. Learn to deflect. You cannot beat this game by attacking alone.
2. Wait for the enemy's attack to begin before you block or parry it.
3. Attacking and blocking fills up your own posture bar, but don't stop deflecting even if it fills up.
4. Hold your block button to rebuild posture more quickly.
5. Get right in your enemy's face, and do not shy away.
6. Use stealth to your advantage.
7. While attacking and deflecting are the most effective ways to counter an enemy, throw in some dodges to avoid their biggest attacks.
8. Take note of your experience points, skill points, and sen (money).
9. Use skill points on techniques that help you block or parry attacks, or deal damage to enemy posture.
10. If you die once, consider self-resurrecting and heading back to a Sculptor's Idol, or using the Homeward Idol.
11. Be careful while dodging or jumping — dodging doesn't make you invincible, and jumping makes you more vulnerable to certain attacks.
12. Know which tools to use on which enemies.
13. Don't sleep on the firecracker prosthetic tool.
14. Don't expect to beat a boss on the first try. Take a few attempts to simply learn its moves.
15. Don't lose your patience. If you get tilted, your performance will only worsen.
- K'taka Assembly passes supplementary budget of Rs 10,265 crore
- Sports NFT platforms have racked up nearly $1 billion in funding this week alone, despite market slump
- COVID-19 virus likely to get weaker and become a common cold, says Oxford-AstraZeneca vax creator
- Best teether for growing baby in India
- TiE Delhi-NCR kickstarts the 10th Edition of India Internet Day themed Digital India: Escape Velocity