15 totally unexpected but amazingly useful gifts for new parents - according to a new dad
The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you'll like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.ErgobabyAdvertisement
- First-time parents need all the help they can get, and much of that help comes from products that help them keep their baby safer and happier, and that save time in the process.
- There are a plethora of baby products on the market that overpromise and underdeliver, but there are also many that truly can make parenting easier and more efficient, and can bring peace of mind.
- Here are 15 great products that new parents might never have heard of, but that they won't want to live without.
If you have new or expecting parents on your gift-buying list, you can count on them already having the baby basics like a crib, a car seat, bibs, bath seats, a high chair, and all the other items that have been filling out baby registries for years. But there are a number of superlative baby products available today that are not on the radar of many moms and dads, but that will be hailed as indispensable once incorporated into the regular routine.You can't give new parents the gift of more sleep, a calm, happy baby, or immunity from diaper blowouts, but you can give them gifts that might make the nighttime more restful, babies easier to soothe, and diapering a minimally unpleasant affair. And take it from me, as my wife and I are in the midst of raising baby #2; those are seriously good gifts.
Most of these items are available with expedited shipping, and some should arrive within a few days' time, so don't stress too hard about your last-minute shopping - just remember that the sooner you order, the better your chances of a timely arrival.
Still shopping for more last-minute gifts? Check out all of Insider Picks' holiday gift guides for 2018 here.Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A smart sock that gives real-time and historical data on their baby's sleep patterns
A baby booger busterAdvertisement
A non-contact thermometer
A compact, but capable strollerAdvertisement
A sleep-tracking baby monitor
A diaper pail that doesn't absorb odorsAdvertisement
A play gym that helps parents
A milestone diaryAdvertisement
A great baby carrier
A sound machine to make nap time a breezeAdvertisement
A great baby toyAdvertisement
A modern classic for exhausted parents
A wine aerator that oxygenates your bottle of red in seconds
- Seven policemen in Kolkata test positive for COVID-19
- IndiGo expects domestic passenger traffic to rebound within 5 months
- Rupee jumps 56 paise to settle at 75.04 against US dollar
- Telangana HC not satisfied with govt report on COVID-19; seeks more details
- Kumaraswamy slams Karnataka government for "poor handling" of COVID-19
- Oxford Covid 19 Vaccine
- Bank Holiday in July
- CA Exams
- Types of Chinese App
- Chinese Apps
- Indian Covid 19 Vaccine
- Sharechat App
- Assam Floods Pictures
- H1-B Visa Impact
- Camscanner App Alternative
- Chinese Mobile Company
- Top Chinese App
- List of Banned Chinese Apps
- UC Browser App Alternative
- Britannia vs Parle G
- Smartphone Under 20000 Rs.