16 high-paying jobs for people who don't work well with others
If you don't work well with others, you might be better off working a job that doesn't require people skills.
To find these jobs, we averaged data from the Occupational Information Network, or O*NET, a US Department of Labor database full of detailed information on more than 900 occupations.
O*NET rates each occupation on a scale from zero to 100 on how much a job requires workers to be in contact with others and how much a job requires workers to be pleasant with others. We averaged these ratings to find which jobs had the lowest overall scores.
While we're not suggesting that people who hold these positions are all standoffish, the following jobs pay on average more than $55,000 a year according to O*NET, have an average required sociability score of 65 or less, and therefore require minimal good-natured interaction with others.
Anaele Pelisson/Business Insider
- Sam Altman, who was already wealthy before starting OpenAI, reportedly doesn't own any equity in the company behind ChatGPT
- Five planets will stage a rare spectacular event in the night sky on March 28
- Elon Musk reportedly left OpenAI's board in 2018 after Sam Altman and other cofounders rejected his plan to run the company
- Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals and kitchen appliance maker Butterfly announce merger
- ICMR comes up with first ethical guidelines for application of AI in biomedical research, healthcare
- Measures taken by IIFCL to keep bad loans under check: Parliamentary panel
- Microsoft adds 'AI-generated stories' to its Bing search
- Housing sales up 14% annually in Jan-Mar to 1.13 lakh units across top 7 cities: Anarock