16 high-paying jobs for people who don't work well with others
If you don't work well with others, you might be better off working a job that doesn't require people skills.
To find these jobs, we averaged data from the Occupational Information Network, or O*NET, a US Department of Labor database full of detailed information on more than 900 occupations.O*NET rates each occupation on a scale from zero to 100 on how much a job requires workers to be in contact with others and how much a job requires workers to be pleasant with others. We averaged these ratings to find which jobs had the lowest overall scores.Advertisement
While we're not suggesting that people who hold these positions are all standoffish, the following jobs pay on average more than $55,000 a year according to O*NET, have an average required sociability score of 65 or less, and therefore require minimal good-natured interaction with others.
Anaele Pelisson/Business Insider
- Facebook, Zoom pause Hong Kong's requests for users' data
- Sensex jumps over 100 pts in opening session; Nifty tops 10,800
- US student visa restrictions may be eased slightly to help foreign non-immigrant students
- UP reports 1346 coronavirus cases in a day
- This new room-temperature liquid-metal battery may last longer than lithium-ion batteries, says a new research