16 high-paying jobs for people who don't work well with others
If you don't work well with others, you might be better off working a job that doesn't require people skills.
To find these jobs, we averaged data from the Occupational Information Network, or O*NET, a US Department of Labor database full of detailed information on more than 900 occupations.
O*NET rates each occupation on a scale from zero to 100 on how much a job requires workers to be in contact with others and how much a job requires workers to be pleasant with others. We averaged these ratings to find which jobs had the lowest overall scores.
While we're not suggesting that people who hold these positions are all standoffish, the following jobs pay on average more than $55,000 a year according to O*NET, have an average required sociability score of 65 or less, and therefore require minimal good-natured interaction with others.
Anaele Pelisson/Business Insider
- Flipkart and Tiger Global have a billion dollar notice to respond to in the next 90 days
- Virender Sehwag’s athleisure brand, VS by Sehwag aims at achieving Rs 100 crores in revenue over the next 3 years; here’s Sehwag’s roadmap for FY22
- Tokyo Olympics: India win bronze in men’s hockey, historic moment as Manpreet Singh’s boys beat Germany
- INTERVIEW: MoEngage, which helps companies like Domino's engage with customers, wants an office in New York and 150 techies in India
- Vodafone Idea, Titan, RIL and other top stocks to watch out for on August 5