16 high-paying jobs for people who love history
You know what they say - those who study history are doomed to watch others repeat it.
That being said, history buffs aren't necessarily doomed to a life of subpar wages, despite the anti-humanities naysayers.
If you're dead set on pursuing your passion and entering a field that involves history or archaeology, you've actually got a couple of options when it comes to well-paid jobs.
We checked out the Occupational Information Network (O*NET), a US Department of Labor database that compiles detailed information on hundreds of jobs, and looked at salary data on the US Bureau of Labor Statistics' website to find positions with a median annual salary of over $60,000 that require an extensive knowledge of history.
O*NET ranks how important "knowledge of historical events and their causes, indicators, and effects on civilizations and cultures" is in any job, assigning each a "history importance level" between 1 and 100.
Judging from this list, it's mostly academia or bust for history lovers. Sadly, historians themselves didn't make the cut - as the median pay for that job was $55,800 a year.
Here are 16 high-paying positions with a history-importance level of 50 or higher:
- Google’s birthday: Here's a look at the significant milestones in Google's 23-year history
- Aditya Birla AMC IPO’s grey market premium stands at ₹70 per share; up 10% from issue price band
- WATCH: "Someone said I am good enough to be a rickshaw puller," shares Freshworks CEO Girish Mathrubootham in a candid chat
- Paras Defence and Space Technologies IPO: Here’s how to check allotment status
- MyGlamm has set aside $100 million to acquire 6 beauty and personal care brands under new entity
- After Moderna chief, Pfizer CEO says COVID-19 likely to end in a year
- Like many 23-year-olds, Google is facing ‘trust’ issues
- COVID-19: Mizoram's positivity rate at 32% after 1,659 new cases registered in the state