16 must-see Hulu original TV shows to add to your streaming queue
- Hulu is making waves with its original content like its wildly successful "The Handmaid's Tale."
- Other standouts include "11.22.63" starring James Franco, "Shrill" starring Aidy Bryant, and the true crime thriller "The Act."
- All of Hulu's original programming plus its entire streaming catalog are included at every subscription level.
- Hulu Basic (with ads) is $5.99 a month, while Hulu Premium (ad-free) is $11.99 a month.
While Netflix was the pioneer of original content and still leads the pack in quantity, Hulu has made a successful effort in the last few years to join the ranks of quality original content providers. Its bread and butter - the must-see, multiple-Emmy-winning series "The Handmaid's Tale" - makes it worth the price of a subscription alone.
But that's not the only series that's gained Hulu its must-subscribe status. Other standouts include the Emmy-nominated "Pen15," "Shrill" starring SNL-alum Aidy Bryant, and the true-crime-chronicling series "The Act." In my experience, Hulu has a much higher success rate than Netflix when it comes to their productions, meaning there's a higher likelihood that the Hulu original series you take a chance on will actually be binge-worthy. But still, there's a lot of content to weed through, so we've gathered the best of Hulu's original content below.
If you're not a Hulu subscriber yet, it couldn't be easier to start streaming. Most smart TVs already come equipped with the Hulu app, and it's as simple as registering here and signing in. If you're looking to upgrade to a smart TV, check out our guide to the best 4K Smart TVs on the market. If you're not sure what level of Hulu service is right for you, here's an extensive breakdown of all they have to offer and what it'll cost. Once you're all set up, we suggest you start with one of the shows below to really get a taste of how Hulu is innovating.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.
"The Handmaid's Tale"
"Wu-Tang: An American Saga"
"The Wrong Mans"
- World Cup 2023 final squads – Ind, Aus, Eng and all the other teams
- Eating your way to clear vision: 10 foods for healthy eyes
- 10 cafes in Bangalore offering the best of ambiance and cuisine
- Centre's fiscal deficit at Aug-end touches 36% of full-year target: CGA
- Domestic occupiers keep office space demand high in 2023