17 running accessories we use to make our runs more enjoyable
Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- For those who are able, running is one accessible way to get in your daily dose of aerobic activity.
- While you don't need much equipment to get started, having the right accessories can make your runs easier, more comfortable, and more enjoyable overall.
- We asked the avid runners on our team to share the accessories they use to make their runs smoother and more enjoyable. Here are the 17 picks they shared.
One of the best parts about running is that you don't need much equipment to do it - just lace up your sneakers and go.
But, just because it's a simple activity doesn't mean it's always enjoyable or easy. A lot of us hate running. I did for a long time. That was, until I realized there were a few things I could add to my runs to make them more enjoyable. You can't buy a positive attitude, but being armed with some great accessories to make you feel safer, comfier, and faster just might be the motivation you need.
For me, it starts with a great pair of headphones that let me block out the noises around me and blast the playlists I actually want to hear. Since everyone's different, I reached out to my cohort of coworkers to see what their favorite running accessories are.
From compression tights that keep your muscles feeling good through long distances to watches that make your runs feel a little less like a chore, these are the 17 running accessories we count on to make our runs more enjoyable.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.
Garmin Vivoactive Smartwatch
TaoTronics Bluetooth Headphones
Brooks Adrenaline GTS 19 Sneakers
Athleta Panache Non Wired Sports Bra
Janji Feather Tee
Under Armour Eclipse Sports Bra
2XU Compress Tights
Bombas Performance Ankle Sock
Saucony Kinvara Sneakers
Jaybird RUN Wireless Headphones
Brooks Levitate Running Shoes
Anker SoundBuds Headphones
Apple Watch Series 3
Fits No Show Sock
Fitletic Sport Belt
- Pathan, Liger, Godfather: Here’s a list of forthcoming movie releases that will decide the fate of the multiplexes
- Taj Mahal continues to lose its sheen due to pollution in the Yamuna and industrial emissions
- ICICI Bank market-cap hits ₹6 lakh crore as its stock rises to a record high
- Jio, Airtel could emerge stronger weakening Vodafone Idea further, say analysts
- Foreign investors pour over Rs 12,000 cr in Indian equity in last 10 days