18 false advertising scandals that cost some brands millions
Many companies have been caught out for peddling mediocre products, using wild claims like "scientifically proven" with "guaranteed results."
For companies that cross the line, it can cost millions and lead to a damaged reputation.
We found 18 examples of false advertising scandals that have rocked big brands - some are still ongoing and not all companies have had to pay up, but each dealt with a fair amount of negative publicity.
Will Heilpern, Karlee Weinmann, and Kim Bhasin contributed to an earlier version of this report.
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- A leading supplement researcher says she doesn't take any — because she's getting what she needs from her vegan diet
- Mattel rolled out a Barbie to honor a late Cherokee Nation chief with a language error on the box that says 'chicken' instead of 'Cherokee'
- Exploring vibrant flavors: 10 healthy salad options in India
- 10 dry fruits to include in your daily winter diet
- Paytm to focus on big ticket loans to low-risk credit-worthy customers
- 10 Cities in India perfect for a chill and relaxed life
- India’s economic rise: How global tech giants are chasing the next big growth engine