19 signs you're about to be fired
• Sometimes, you'll see that you're getting fired from a mile away - other times, it'll be more of a surprise.• In order to avoid getting caught unawares, keep in mind the signs that your job is at risk.Advertisement
• Everything from bad performance reviews to recent mergers can prove to be warning signs.
But there are usually signs that you're about to get fired. You've just got to know where to look.
Getting fired from your job can be a real shock to the system.
Maybe your boss is out to get you. Maybe you've been embroiled in some recent controversy at work. Or maybe your organization is undergoing a massive transition or merger.Either way, it helps to be prepared.Lynn Taylor, a national workplace expert and the author of "Tame Your Terrible Office Tyrant: How to Manage Childish Boss Behavior and Thrive in Your Job," told Business Insider that the savviest professionals always keep an eye out for the classic signs that their job is in danger. This way, if and when they notice red flags popping up, they can attempt to turn the tides before it's too late.Advertisement
Here are some signs you may be getting the boot:
You receive a bad performance review (or two, or three)
You're left out of the loopAdvertisement
Your job has become mission impossible
Your boss has 'warned' you (more than once)Advertisement
Your relationship with your boss has deteriorated
You're asked to provide detailed reports about time or expensesAdvertisement
Fewer projects are coming your way
Teamwork isn't your strong suitAdvertisement
Your boss is on your case all the time
You're being micromanaged or ignoredAdvertisement
Your perks start to disappear
You're no longer praised for your workAdvertisement
You've received a pay cut or been asked to take time off
You notice more gossip and strange behavior from your coworkersAdvertisement
Your boss goes directly to your subordinates
Your access to certain data is limitedAdvertisement
You’re no longer asked for input on key decisions.
There was a recent merger, but little information.Advertisement
Your instincts are telling you something's wrong
- India at forefront of vaccine development: Modi
- How music has become the real social connector, and technology has helped democratize music in today’s digitally connected world
- EXCLUSIVE: Trump versus Biden — Here’s what the result of the US election could mean for India
- EXCLUSIVE: Why Tata Motors CEO is not worried about Musk's Tesla coming to India
- Chinese soldier strays across the border — detained by India , to be released soon