2 more characters who vanished at the end of 'Avengers: Infinity War' are returning for the next 'Spider-Man' movie
Walt Disney Pictures
Walt Disney Pictures
- According to Vulture, Samuel L. Jackson and Cobie Smulders will reprise their Marvel Cinematic Universe roles as Nick Fury and Maria Hill in "Spider-Man: Far From Home."
- Both Fury and Hill vanished into dust at the end of "Avengers: Infinity War."
- The casting further implies that the "Thanos snap" that wiped out half of humanity at the end of "Infinity War" will be reversed somehow.
Samuel L. Jackson's Nick Fury has been absent from the Marvel Cinematic Universe the last few years, but he's coming back in full force in 2019.
According to Vulture, Jackson will reprise his role as Fury in "Spider-Man: Far From Home," the sequel to "Spider-Man: Homecoming" that comes to theaters next summer. Cobie Smulders will also return as S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Maria Hill. Both characters vanished into dust in the after-credits scene of "Avengers: Infinity War," victims of the Thanos snap that wiped out half of humanity.
Before that, Jackson will play Fury in "Captain Marvel," which stars Brie Larson as the title character and comes to theaters March 8. That movie is set in the 1990s, so Fury's return doesn't have as much significance for "Avengers 4," due in theaters on May 3, as "Spider-Man: Far From Home," which will be the first MCU movie after "Avengers 4."
Since Fury and Hill are reportedly set to return in "Far From Home," that means characters who vanished at the end of "Infinity War" will most likely come back somehow. That's not surprising for a number of reasons: the Thanos-snap is reversed in the comic "Infinity War" loosely based on, "The Infinity Gauntlet"; Marvel has numerous release dates set for yet-to-be-announced movies through 2022; and Spider-Man himself Tom Holland may have even accidentally confirmed a popular fan theory for "Avengers 4" that involves it in an old interview.
"Spider-Man: Far From Home" swings into theaters on July 5, 2019.
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- 10 Must-Do activities on your next Darjeeling Trip
- Govt received ₹1,70,501 crore in April as revenue
- Shubman Gill, Sunil Narine, Virat Kohli & more: IPL man of the series winners since 2008
- Five personal finance deadlines you can’t afford to miss in June
- List of famous things to buy in Darjeeling