20 of the most overused office buzzwords
Almost everyone uses office jargon from time to time. But when you begin to abuse buzzwords and clichés - or worse, use them improperly - it becomes a problem.
Darlene Price, president of Well Said, Inc., and author of "Well Said! Presentations and Conversations That Get Results," says most clichés were once a fresh, creative way of expressing a popular thought or common idea. "But because of long, excessive use, each phrase has lost its originality, impact, and even meaning."The infographic below from National Pen shows some of the most common business clichés and what they really mean:
- Top 10 longest sixes in IPL matches from 2008 to till date
- OPINION: Regulation of games of skill under a central legislative regime is the need of the hour
- OPINION: Why weekend lockdowns and night curfews aren't the only solution to India's surging cases of COVID-19
- Haryana government declares summer vacation in schools due to spike in COVID-19 cases
- COVID-19 vaccine 'Covaxin' is effective against double mutant strain found in India, says ICMR