21 countries most likely to poach skilled US workers
Considering living and working abroad?
You're in good company. Plenty of Americans have made the jump, already. While the US doesn't track how many Americans live and work overseas exactly, estimates range from 2.2 million to 6.8 million, according to the Migration Policy Institute.Engineering consulting firm KDM Engineering compiled an infographic using data from the 2015 UN International Migration Report and the 2017 Global Talent Competitiveness Index to figure out which countries are the best at attracting highly skilled talent.
Of the countries considered to be the best at attracting highly skilled talent, Business Insider singled out all the countries that listed the US as one of their top five "feeder countries" when it comes to talent. A nation's "feeder countries" are the countries that contribute some the most immigrants to that nation.Here are 21 countries that are great at poaching talent from the US:
Ana Pelisson/Business Insider
NOW WATCH: Why airlines pay to fly over other countries
- Argentine Football legend Diego Maradona, 60, dead
- Bengal Minister Hakim likely to take part in Covaxin Phase-3 trial
- Headspace to offer unlimited access to students from IIT and IIM in India for six months
- Cyclone Nivar likely to cross coast tonight, TN CM declares one more day holiday
- Delhi's air quality deteriorates to 'severe' category due to slow winds