21 countries most likely to poach skilled US workers
Considering living and working abroad?
You're in good company. Plenty of Americans have made the jump, already. While the US doesn't track how many Americans live and work overseas exactly, estimates range from 2.2 million to 6.8 million, according to the Migration Policy Institute.Engineering consulting firm KDM Engineering compiled an infographic using data from the 2015 UN International Migration Report and the 2017 Global Talent Competitiveness Index to figure out which countries are the best at attracting highly skilled talent.Advertisement
The list took market landscape, ability to attract companies and people, access to education and training, and quality of life into account.
Of the countries considered to be the best at attracting highly skilled talent, Business Insider singled out all the countries that listed the US as one of their top five "feeder countries" when it comes to talent. A nation's "feeder countries" are the countries that contribute some the most immigrants to that nation.Here are 21 countries that are great at poaching talent from the US:
Ana Pelisson/Business Insider
NOW WATCH: Why airlines pay to fly over other countries
- Karnataka Bank, Bank of India and Saraswat Bank get fined by the RBI for hiding bad loans
- 73 fresh COVID-19 cases reported in Assam, total count 856
- 115 new COVID-19 cases in J-K; total tally 2,036
- 2,598 new coronavirus cases in Maharashtra, 85 deaths
- Two more death in Punjab; 19 fresh cases in Punjab