21 details you may have missed in 'Scary Stories to Tell In the Dark'
- The monsters in the books that kept you up at night as a kid have finally been brought to life, thanks to André Øvredal and his 2019 film "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark."
- The movie features a number of popular tales from the classic children's books including "The Red Spot," "Harold," "The Dream," and "The Big Toe," and weaves them together with a new story and new characters set in 1968.
- There are lots of references to the time period and Easter eggs from the books throughout. Here are all the details you may not have picked up on with your hands over your eyes.
- Warning: this video contains spoilers.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.