21 glorious, vintage photographs of NASA's glory days
Space exploration's golden age was arguably at its very start, when ambition was boundless and progress came in great strides.
A massive collection of vintage photos from this era went up for auction on February 26 at London's Bloomsbury Auction.
The nearly 700 photographs - original prints, not reproductions - come from the collection of a single European collector.
The auction lasted nearly ten hours and brought in a total of £489,440, (or more than $755,500) from more than 300 bidders.
Here are 21 of them, in chronological order, starting in 1946 with the first image of Earth from space.
Popular on BI
- Electricity prices in Finland flipped negative — a huge oversupply of clean, hydroelectric power meant suppliers were almost giving it away
- Family stands to lose nearly $6,000 in airfare and hotel costs after they were bumped from an overbooked cruise ship
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- Samsung Galaxy A34 5G review: A Mid-range marvel
- 10 ways to reduce your home loan EMI burden
- Global trends, macroeconomic data to drive equity markets this week: Analysts
- New Parliament building inauguration: 'Sarva-Dharma Prarthana' ceremony held
- List of Famous things to buy in Coorg