21 glorious, vintage photographs of NASA's glory days
Space exploration's golden age was arguably at its very start, when ambition was boundless and progress came in great strides.
A massive collection of vintage photos from this era went up for auction on February 26 at London's Bloomsbury Auction.
The nearly 700 photographs - original prints, not reproductions - come from the collection of a single European collector.
The auction lasted nearly ten hours and brought in a total of £489,440, (or more than $755,500) from more than 300 bidders.
Here are 21 of them, in chronological order, starting in 1946 with the first image of Earth from space.
- Facebook and Microsoft aren’t the only ones creating a metaverse — here are five popular coins looking to create digital worlds
- Qatar Airways says it is not accepting passengers on its flights from 2 African nations immediately due to the new Omicron variant
- Gautam Adani, the man who may soon be Asia's richest person, is a college dropout who survived the 2008 Mumbai terrorist attacks and says he was once kidnapped for ransom
- Paytm Q2 result — Operational revenue crosses ₹1000 crore, loss widens by ₹37 crore
- These Indian states have the highest number of international airports; UP tops the list
- Centre raises Bengal labour budget for creation of 27 cr man-days
- Over a million Ethereum tokens have been burned since the big upgrade, but transaction costs are still a pain point for the network
- Loaded Lion NFT sells for $1 million — three days after launching at $200