21 health benefits of marijuana
Even the NIH's National Institute on Drug Abuse lists medical uses for cannabis.
But even though researchers have identified some fascinating potential benefits of medical marijuana so far, it's something that's still hard to study, making conclusive results tough to come by. The schedule I classification means it's hard for researchers to get their hands on pot grown to the exacting standards that are necessary for medical research, even in states where it's legal. Plus, no researcher can even try to make an FDA-approved cannabis product while it has that DEA classification, which removes some motivation to study the plant.
More research would identify health benefits more clearly and would also help clarify potential dangers - like with any psychoactive substance, there are risks associated with abuse, including dependency and emotional issues. And many doctors want to understand marijuana's effects better before deciding whether to recommend it or not.
With that caveat about research in mind, here are 21 of the medical benefits - or potential benefits - of marijuana.
- Discover what's new in iOS 17: Your ultimate guide to the latest features
- Hyderabad-based ethnic retailer Sai Silks Kalamandir IPO subscribed 4.4x
- After JP Morgan, Indian bonds set to enter other global bond indices; capital raising for infra push to get a boost
- 10 calcium-rich foods to ward Off calcium deficiency
- Amazon introduces next-gen of Echo smart devices with new-age AI