22 things you should never say on your first day at work
"If you say something that's off, it sets the tone, and that could be the reason for you to be let go in your first three months," says J.T. O'Donnell, the founder of career-advice site Careerealism.com and author of "Careerealism: The Smart Approach to a Satisfying Career."
"It's natural to want to be liked - to impress and fit in quickly," says workplace expert Michelle Kerrigan. "However, many try too hard, and talk too much when they should be listening."
Here are 22 things you should avoid saying - especially on your first day on the job:
- US will give runway rights at NJ airport to a budget airline
- Wealth management firm White Oak Capital gets SEBI’s nod to enter mutual fund business
- IPO-bound Pine Labs raises another $100 million
- Virat Kohli to step down as India’s T20 captain, says he had ‘immense workload’ over the years
- India's bad bank gets government nod — green lights NARCL with ₹30,600 crore guarantee