22 ways to support International Women's Day when you shop online today
Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider, Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- Friday, March 8, 2019, is International Women's Day.
- Among the many ways to support and lift women up today (and every other day of the year), you can shop at female-founded retail companies.
- The 22 startups below make products that are designed to improve the lives of women.
- On International Women's Day, many are donating a portion of proceeds to non-profits dedicating to advancing the social and economic positions of women.
Today is International Women's Day (IWD), a day to both celebrate the social, economic, political, and cultural achievements of women and continue the push towards women's equality. In the business world, women are founding companies at record rates. According to the National Women's Business Council, their businesses employ over 8 million workers and generate over $1.4 trillion in revenue.
They still only comprise 36% of the country's businesses and there's a lot of progress to be made. However, as part of a team that has its finger on the pulse of up-and-coming consumer brands, I have to say we're certainly witnessing a wave of female entrepreneurship that provides inspiration and hope for the road ahead.
These female-founded startups should always be on your radar for the innovative products and services they offer, but especially today on IWD as many of these brands are putting forth powerful initiatives and campaigns to empower and support other women.
Learn more about the 22 female-centric companies and their International Women's Day promotions below.
Find more International Women's Day retail coverage here:
- 46 female-founded retail startups to support on International Women's Day - plus our favorite products from each
- 19 feminist gifts that give back to empower women and children around the world
- 9 incredibly inspiring memoirs written by women to add to your reading list
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vrai & Oro
The Better Skin Co.
The Lip Bar
Sparkle Hustle Grow
- Beijing says it's 'natural' for the US to 'feel sour' after Boeing loses out to Airbus on $37 billion China plane deal
- Ukraine's drones are becoming increasingly ineffective as Russia ramps up its electronic warfare and air defenses
- Coinbase-backed Indian crypto exchange Vauld suspends trading, deposits and withdrawals amid market downturn
- 30 large reservoirs in India dip to a decadal low after erratic rains in June
- Tata Motors, Kotak Mahindra Bank, IndusInd Bank among stocks to watch out for on July 5
- Best face wash for men in India
- Bajaj in top gear, Hero flat while Maruti declines – here’s how Indian auto cos performed in June 2022
- Revenge shopping and revenge travelling trends are simmering down in India